December 09, 2003

I'm Tired

I'm Tired
All of the time. Everything exhausts me because most things seem to have too much energy put into it. I think there is a relationship between how much energy is put into something and how much energy it takes to get out whatever was put in. May be related to the process of entropy. We are constantly losing energy and most of the crap that takes our energy simply isn't worth it. There are things that seem to be energizing. I think this is what the academics call elegance. You get more out of it than you put into it, at least, intellectually. Maybe.

Maybe this is just me being tired. I don't think so though. Music and athletics. Academics and dance. They take some energy to do, but when done well, return more than you put in. Politics is a great example for the general populace. I think most people feel they don't get a return on the energy that they have to put into it. So, nobody knows what anybody stands for, the parties simplify it for us to the extent that it is meaningless, and the end result is that nobody votes. It isn't too much trouble to go the polls. It is too much trouble to understand what everyone really stands for to make an thoughtful decision. Don't vote or vote the party line to feel like you have something. I don't know how you change that. Personality rules.

Sorry. No links. Just complaints.

No comments: